Why is Solar is a long term investment in St. Louis ?
With new technology, a solar investment in St. Louis can have certain degree of skepticism. Solar power is no exception. However, on a global scale, the advantages of solar PV systems are already being proven and there are good reasons to believe in the technology. Warren Buffet, one of the world’s richest businessmen. He has already invested several billion dollars in photovoltaic utility ventures.
Technologies that rely on fossil fuels for electricity Are subject to extreme volatility in prices. So the price of crude oil, for example, continues to fluctuate wildly from year to year, and even the best analysts are unable to forecast how oil prices will behave with certainty, And when prices are poor, it might be tempting to invest in technologies powered by fossil fuels, but doing so can be a serious mistake.
- And at any moment, prices could rise again and any business or nation that is heavily dependent on fossil fuels would immediately have to cope with significant costs. It has happened in the past, and it will happen to those caught unaware again.
- And Fossil fuels are a scarce resource. They will inevitably be exhausted at current usage rates. Some of the least optimistic forecasts suggest that during the first half of this century there would be a fall in fossil fuels.
On the other hand, solar power operates from a stable and predictable source of electricity. The sun will last for an additional five billion years, And according to astronomers. Look no further if you want to find a technology with long-term availability. Solar power is the solution. On top of that, sunlight is free. If you own a solar PV system, the only costs involved are the initial investment and periodic maintenance.
So installing residential Solar panels enables homeowners to reduce the effect of any variation in the price of electricity caused by the ups and downs of the demand for fossil fuels. For an investment that has been known from the beginning. The energy output of solar PV systems is guaranteed to be available.
Steadily increasing use of solar power
Solar photovoltaic systems are currently used to fulfill the energy requirements of residential and commercial buildings. Emerging technologies such as electric vehicles will, theoretically run 100% on solar power. If electric vehicles become More popular, it would be possible for owners of solar PV systems to save money on energy bills and transport!
- The biggest advantage of solar investing is the fact that it’s sustainable. Eventually, there will be no more oil to drill, natural gas to frack or coal to mine. The sun, however, still has billions of years in it.
- Additionally, particularly in the St. Louis, there are wide swaths of land that have a high percentage of sunlight each year.
- Another pro of solar investing is the fact that there’s a relatively low environmental impact as compared with fossil fuels. While anything will have some impact, solar-powered electricity offers much lower greenhouse gas emissions than oil and coal, and it doesn’t do the same damage to the land that you see with fracking.
- Finally, solar investing could lead to a degree of energy independence. Rather than relying heavily on certain areas where there are deposits of fossil fuels, it’s possible to rely on your own energy generation with the help of the sun. Plus, the fact that solar panels can be installed on your own home can lead to a certain degree of energy self-reliance in the population.
Cons to solar investment in St. Louis
- The biggest issue is the fact that solar power is, by its nature, intermittent. Solar energy is only generated during daylight hours – and significant cloud cover can interfere with this. The good news is that there are efforts to solve this problem with battery storage. Consider looking at enphase batteries for potential opportunities in solar power storage.
- Don’t forget about the space that large solar arrays need. This might disrupt animal habitat or cause other problems. Some suggestions have been to put solar panels on large buildings and warehouses, as well as follow current electric transmission lines to reduce some of the impacts on nature
- An Environmental Downside. The one environmental downside to solar technology is that it contains many of the same hazardous materials as electronics.